Lendlease has entered into a Development Management Agreement with Blue Care to develop an integrated retirement and aged care precinct on their behalf at Sunrise Beach, Noosa.
The project provides an opportunity to develop strong links to local community facilities and schools within the existing Sunrise neighbourhood hub, allowing the whole community to engage in this intergenerational precinct.
- Grasstree Court, Sunrise Beach QLD 4567, within the Noosa LGA.
- The project site is 5.6-hectares, comprised of a 4.7 hectare retirement living site and a 0.9 hectare aged care site.
- The Sunrise Beach project is located:
- Within easy access to Sunrise Beach, Sunshine Beach, and Noosa
- 4km to Hastings St, Noosa Heads
- Adjacent to Noosa National Park (western boundary)
- Adjacent to local amenities including Sunrise Shops (Medical Centre, Pharmacy and miscellaneous local shops) and Sunrise Beach Uniting Church & Community Centre
- Within walking distance of Noosa Tennis Club (700m) and Noosa Aquatic Centre (850m)
- Within 4.2km of Noosa Springs Golf & Spa Resort
- Within 7.7km of Noosa Hospital
- Lendlease has been appointed as the Development Manager of the Sunrise project by Blue Care.
- Lendlease has more than 30 years’ experience in retirement living, owning and operating 72 villages around Australia, with approximately 17,000 residents calling them home. 12 retirement living communities are in Queensland, of which seven are located on the Sunshine Coast.
- Blue Care is a not-for-profit aged care provider operated by UnitingCare Queensland, the health and community services arm of the Uniting Church in Queensland. Blue Care has over 65 years’ experience in delivering aged care services and spans 260 service locations; 47 residential aged care homes and 34 retirement living communities across Queensland.
- As an integrated retirement village and residential aged care site, the project is proposed to include 53 independent living villas, 69 independent living apartments, and co-location of a 96-bed aged care facility.
- Link to the Development Approval
- As part of the project delivery a 3-hectare offset site will be rehabilitated. The offset site is Noosa Council-owned land. The offset site is connected to essential habitat for fauna native to the area.
- Rehabilitation action proposed for the offset site includes weeding, soil placement, vegetation planting and management. The site will be maintained by the project for five years.
- Link to the Ecological Management Report.
- Lendlease have commenced a period of community consultation since being appointed to the Sunrise Beach project.
- Over the coming months we look forward to engaging with local community groups and the community to better understand their needs relating to the Sunrise Beach project.
- We’re currently working with local environmental groups to understand how we can best address specific requirements relating to the site and its surrounds.
- The planning for Sunrise will be undertaken with extensive local community engagement. We’ll be asking the community for their views, and to collaborate with us, so we look forward to working through the environmental principles with the community in the coming months.