Leading the way in Sustainability
A sustainability ranking of global real estate properties (GRESB) awarded Lendlease’s Retirement Living Trust first place in the Senior Homes category in 2019. Lendlease led the ranking ahead of entrants from Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States.
GRESB, the Global Real Estate Assessment, is the environmental, social and governance (ESG) benchmark for real estate assets.
The 2019 rankings are based on analysis of environment, social and governance data from over 1,000 property companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs), funds, and developers. This result reflects Lendlease’s focus on:
- Commitment to the 2020 Lendlease Global Sustainability Framework and ESG public disclosure
- Demonstrating leadership through responsible property investment
- Improved environmental performance
- Improved programs for promoting health and wellbeing of employees, residents and community.
Our strong environmental focus has translated into the following savings for our villages:
- Energy – In 2018, Lendlease villages reduced energy consumption by 5.1 percent compared to 2017 – the equivalent to powering 252 average Australian homes*
- Carbon – Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions reduced by 4.9 percent in 2018 compared to 2017
- Water – Water consumption reduced by 4.2 percent in 2018 compared to 2017 – the equivalent of filling 19 Olympic size swimming pools^
- Recycling – Recycling rate decreased by 1.3% in 2018 compared to 2017
- Energy includes grid Electricity and natural Gas
- Emissions includes grid electricity and natural gas
- Water is Potable Water only
- KPMG have provided limited assurance on all data.
All data is based on a Like-For-Like performance and calendar year.
What is GRESB?
GRESB is an independent international rating tool which recognises responsible management of environmental and social performance.
Find out more about GRESB by visiting www.gresb.com