Leading the way in Sustainability
Lendlease is the 1st retirement living operator in Asia-Pacific to complete the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) and is ranked 4th globally in our sector, which includes senior living.
Lendlease achieved the GRESB benchmark rating through:
- Giving our customers choice by offering alternative contracts;
- Reducing the cost of utilities through proactive monitoring and management of our communities;
- Being transparent in our communication;
- Caring about your Health and Wellbeing;
- Enhancing your lifestyle through offering a range of community programs and activities;
- Committing to sustainability in all designs and upgrades;
- Facilitating access to health care services (as required);
- Committing to a 20 per cent reduction in emissions, energy, water and waste by 2020.
Our strong environmental focus has translated to for the following savings for our communities:
1. FY18 environmental performance data as at 31 August 2018. Data is based on current information available, and yet to be fully independently assured.
2. Energy includes grid electricity, natural gas and solar renewables. Futher renewables anticipated in FY19 which will reduce emissions relative to energy.
3. Emissions includes grid electricity, natural gas and fuels including diesel, petrol and refigerants.
What is GRESB?
GRESB is an independent international rating tool which recognises responsible management of environmental and social performance.
You can find out more about GRESB by visiting www.gresb.com