How do I choose a retirement village?
How to choose a retirement village is one of the most popular questions asked at our many Lendlease Talking Retirement masterclass events. You can find advice offered by past panel guests including retirement living expert Rachel Lane and the host himself, Andrew Winter from Selling Houses Australia compiled below.
It’s time to find the perfect place to retire. Just like you, our retirement villages are all unique. So where do you start? This handy guide has been designed to help you find the perfect village for your retirement.
You are spoilt for choice when it comes to retirement with Lendlease, with over 70 villages geographically spread across Australia, ranging from established villages, to brand new developments and our premium Ardency Resorts. Every village has a range of regular activities and events that inspire fun, friendship and a sense of belonging. Life at a Lendlease village is both vibrant and relaxing, with all the benefits that come with living in a safe and supportive environment.
Retirement is about living life your way. There are a few simple questions you can ask yourself to help find out which village and which home is right for you. We’ve compiled a list of useful questions below, so why not grab yourself a cuppa, paper and pen, find somewhere comfortable to sit and brainstorm away!
- What sort of home do you see yourself living in?
- Do you want to be nestled in nature?
- Does a coastal lifestyle appeal?
- Perhaps something more cosmopolitan?
- Do you want to downsize or do you want a similar amount of room to your current home? (A smaller home offers the benefits of less housework and maintenance, while extra space allows room for guests or a work studio.)
- What hobbies and interests do you enjoy?
- Do you want to move closer to your children, grandchildren or family friends?
- Are you a green thumb who’s inspired by a community garden?
- Do you enjoy craft activities?
- Are you looking for lots of choice of hobby groups?
- Are you looking for a lively happy hour?
- How about plenty of fitness and wellness activities?
- Do you want a small or bustling community feel?
- Are you looking for increased privacy?
These questions will hopefully get you started on your search. Now it’s time to look at what’s on offer in your ideal location. Search for a Lendlease retirement village near you.
If you have questions or would like to talk through your options, our friendly customer service team are here to help find the perfect village for you. Call them today on 1800 550 550.
We also offer personalised and private tours that allow you to explore the village and become familiar with the facilities on offer.